Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm Just a Mystery Woman

Well, it's the third day and I see I still have no followers. I am doing an experiment. I am purposely NOT telling anyone I know about this blog to see how long it takes for strangers to start following me. I am not advertising my blog in any way, and have no plans to. For now, this blog is by me and to me. I could write about anything. I could even write about very private things and still wonder if anyone will take notice. Will anyone raise an eyebrow or two?

I don't think I'm brave enough to post anything juicy just yet. Might not ever be. After all, there's a reason we call some of the things we do "skeletons in the closet," right? It just wouldn't sound right if we said "skeletons in the living room" or "skeletons out on the front lawn." Would you, the reader, (when and if you ever show up) want your skeletons out where everyone could see them?

Probably not!

I do have some skeletons, who doesn't? Nothing too terrible, I assure you, nothing really out of the ordinary for a modern American wife and mother would have, really. But there is one significant thing, and I'll get into that later. I'll tell you this though, Lynn Gilmore is not my real name. I am using an alias.

You might be wondering why I would use an alias. Well, I'm not quite ready to tell you that yet. It's just kinda fun. Don't we all sometimes wonder what it would be like to be someone else? So, for now, let's just keep they mystery going, shall we? You don't need to know my real name, do you? Do I know yours? Nope, you are as much a stranger to me as I am to you...

Doesn't this sound kinda fun?

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment