Saturday, January 16, 2010

Skipping Town

Oops, skipped a couple days... and I'm gonna keep this one short. I have muffins baking in the oven and my 7 year old and I are getting ready to leave for the weekend. We are going to visit her sisters in Little Rock. We're looking forward to it. It'll be nice to get away for a little while. Maybe we'll take in a movie, or go out to eat.

The weather has warmed up and the pond across the road is starting to thaw out. The local newspaper featured a photo of ice skaters playing hockey on another local pond and I was struck by the image. I thought ponds freezing over enough to ice skate on only happened up north. We sure have had some really cold weather! I don't even think you can buy ice skates locally around here. I would probably have to buy them on line. Sure is tempting... I've done a lot of roller/ice skating in my life, but my 7 year old has never been on skates. I wonder if there is a rink in Little Rock? I will have to find out...

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment