Thursday, May 6, 2010

Decisions, decisions....

While we have been awaiting the proof of the first issue of True Voice Magazine, I have been finishing up the design of my own book. But.... I have run into a few snags. It seems the publisher and I are not really able to see eye to eye regarding the terms of the contract and he has suggested that I try looking elsewhere before agreeing to sign with him. Perhaps he is right.

This publishing company is fairly new and fairly small and I feel that my book is important enough to warrant a more experienced publisher. Having said that, though, I really don't want to go elsewhere because the level of enthusiasm over my book from this publisher has been exceptionally wonderful. I am truly torn as to what I should do and feel like I am genuinely between a rock and a hard place.

I've come so far with the book, it doesn't seem right to rush through the final process now. I belong to a few writers forums and everywhere I posted a thread regarding my unique situation, I have been advised to seek out a better publisher.

I have thought about this all day... It is truly a dilemma and I want to do what is right. I guess I'll go ahead and query other publishers and/or literary agents to see if there is any interest. The topic of my book is highly controversial and I fully expect to receive both positive and negative reactions to it. It is a hot button issue that is surely going to ruffle some feathers.

I may chose to self-publish. Having done that once before, I am familiar with the process and am quite comfortable with the idea. Where I really need help is in the marketing area, but there are all kinds of tools and informative sites out there to help with that, also.

We will see what the good Lord has in store for me, and for my family. We have seen all sorts of adversity so far, so really, what's a little more...

No comments:

Post a Comment