Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Busy Bee

Time has gotten away from me. I don't even know where it went. Perhaps I have been abducted by aliens. Ya never know...

So I'm still working on the magazine, and it is truly a labor of love. Either that or the nightmare project from hell. I've had some bumps in the road with the publisher. He is a great guy, but GAH, he is so sensitive to my constructive criticism regarding his own layouts. He is not a professional graphic designer, and maybe no one will notice that unless they are professional graphic designers, so to me his layouts lack the professional finesse that I would expect. I am trying not to be so critical. He really is quite creative, so I've learned to just STFU.

There are many of us working to pull this thing off, and truthfully I will be relieved when it goes to print and I will be surprised if there is a second issue. All of us who are working on it are not that experienced with producing a magazine, but this project means a lot to all of us, so we are all putting our hearts and souls into it. I am doing my part by trying to make it look as good as professional as possible.

Initially we had a publication date of April 15, which I knew from the git go that was a bit overzealous. Now, we're looking at May 15 and I'd say that is much more possible. It is really coming along now... I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Meanwhile, my own book is on the back burner. Oh, have I mentioned that? I wrote a book, yes. I will provide the details of the book at a later date. I am anxious to get it printed, but there is still some editing that needs to be done yet... All in good time I suppose.

Other than that, life on the mountain is still pretty nice and quiet. The daffodils have been blooming for a few weeks, my red bud tree is in bloom now, and next up will be the irises and dogwoods. I have several irises planted in my front yard, side yard and back yard. Ya think I like irises??? Next to orchids, they are my favorite flower.

And, we really should be getting our garden started...

Alrighty then. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment