Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another Wii-son to Love Wii

Like my title? Yeah, I came up with that myself.

A few days ago, I received an email from Netflix that members with a Wii game system can now use their system to watch Netflix movies instantly on their TV. I clicked on the button to send me a disc for the Wii and it arrived yesterday.

So far, we have used it to watch two movies. I love my Wii, but now I love it even more! No more hassle hooking up the laptop to the TV to watch Netflix instant movies on it.

Netflix is top notch. I gotta say, they are superb in customer service and continue to strive on their service every day. I am always amazed that I can mail a movie back at 4:00 in the afternoon one day and by 6 a.m. the next day, Netflix receives it in Little Rock and sends me an email telling me they are sending another one out the same day. Considering how rural we are, this is an amazing feat!

I'm still playing the new SuperMario Bros on the Wii and it'll take me many more months, I suspect, before I can beat the game -- and that is with all the cheats I can find on YouTube and spending all my star coins watching the hint movies, and letting Luigi play the game for me. I would never describe myself as a "gamer" and it is quite obvious when you watch me, that I am NOT. I die a million times and wind up going through a course over and over and over again. I am NOT like these guys I see on YouTube who capture their first play-throughs on video and put it up online. Now, THOSE guys are players, and I have to wonder -- don't these guys have jobs? Lives?

Life? What's that? Who needs a life when you have 99 lives on SuperMario Bros...

No comments:

Post a Comment