Wednesday, April 27, 2011

SOSEN Spring 2011 Newsletter

Today I finally finished up the SOSEN Spring 2011 newsletter and it is available for download.  My good friends at Sex Offender Issues put it up on their blog so that even if you don't have a SOSEN forum membership, you can still download it.  Boy, are those guys terrific!

http://sexoffenderissues.blogspot.com/2011/04/sosen-spring-2011-newsletter-mark.html#disqus_thread

Now that the newsletter is done, I have to start working on another big project working on a magazine.  I won't say what magazine because it's non-sex-offender related and if I say what, then you'll know who.  It would be too easy to find the "real me".  Oh no, can't have that!

My last post here was just before I was leaving for Florida and I was shipping out eight copies of my book to Arkansas legislators.  Vacation went well - very well, actually - and when I returned, I heard that the HB1408 bill did NOT pass.  I'm not sure if my involvement had anything at all to do with the bill not passing, but I'd like to think it helped.  Not one of the legislators has bothered to email me to let me know they received the book or if they liked it or if they hated it or if they drove their truck over it.  That's OK, I don't need to know...

Since my return, I have been busy with a multitude of projects, the least of which has been promoting my book which I confess I have failed at miserably these last several weeks, and as such, the book has slipped into a black hole of ratings on Amazon.  I know it's time I pulled it up by the bootstraps and gave it a dusting off to see if I can rejuvenate it again...

I did get accepted into not one, but two, big arts and crafts shows this summer, much to my surprise.  In previous years I have been rejected time and again - not because my work wasn't good enough - but because my jury slides weren't good enough.  Last year I made it my mission to revamp my booth and my photos and whah-lah!  It worked like a charm.  As a result of this fine good news, I've had to put more focus into creating more inventory of my art.  Yay.

Other than that, yard work and spring cleaning have eaten up whatever remaining time I had left and *poof* a month went by without so much as a whimper from me here...

Such is life.

Before I go, I did want to mention a fantastic blog I discovered a few days ago.  Check this guy out:

http://monstermartorg.blogspot.com/
What a well-written and entertaining blog!  Wow!  I just love it!

Oh!  And I did meet Mary.  She's a real firecracker, that one!  She has more chutzpah than just about anyone I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment