Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Next Appearance - NYC on the Paula Gloria Show

Hello all,

I have been invited to appear as a guest on the Paula Gloria Show, which is an internet show broacasted on YouTube.  The show currently has over 4,000 subscribers and has 911 videos uploaded to date.  Paula Gloria is quite the YouTube guru and her videos are top notch and high quality.  I highly recommend this channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/paulagloria



The show I have been invited to appear on will feature a panel of authors and activists advocating for sex offender law reform.  At this time, there are two other authors slated for the show beside myself, Ken Kish, author of Despised Things and Derek Logue, author of Once Fallen.  I have read Once Fallen and am currently reading Despised Things.  Both are excellent books.  This show is really Ken Kish's project and I am so very honored and delighted to have been asked to participate.

There may also be an appearance by Shana Rowan, a young woman and fellow activist making huge waves in the NY legislation advocating for changes to sex offender laws.  Shana is a dynamite woman who has many youtube videos herself and I look forward to meeting her, Ken, Derek and Paula.

The show is set to record on April 21, 2012 and we will have the studio for several hours. I am sure the show will be a huge hit as Paula Gloria is excellent at exposing corruption and problems in American politics, among other things.

For me, this will be surely be a turning point from my experience with the Dr. Drew show.  Since then, I have been reluctant to have anything to do with the media.  I have learned to be much more cautious with whom I do interviews with.

I am very excited about the show, but I will have to cover my own expenses to travel to NYC.  I have posted a call for donations thread on SOSEN, but if you are not a member but would like to contribute towards the expenses, please just send me an email at lynn.gilmore13[at]yahoo.com and I'll assist you with that.

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Lynn, this is exciting news! I think this will be a great opportunity for you and for all of us who are in this "fight" together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miriam! I just hope I can do the "fight" justice. :)

      Delete