Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Pain in the Neck

It was a pretty uneventful day here. My 7 year old was actually awakened by the cat before it was time to get up for school, so this morning went flawlessly compared with yesterday. Way to go, cat!

It was sunny all day and no calves performed any Bambi impressions on the pond, which is a good thing as it appears to be a wee bit thinner now with the warmer weather.

I spent a good portion of the day on the phone between my health insurance carrier and the people with the Arkansas Breast Care program. I spent so much time on hold my neck started hurting and now I feel like I need to go to the doctor for the pain in my neck caused by my insurance company. It's a vicious cycle.

I was attempting to find out if I can still qualify for the breast care program even though I have insurance and after all that time on the phone, I got absolutely nowhere. I wound up being kicked into someone's voice mail and wound up just leaving a message. No one has returned my call yet.

I understand that the breast care program has suffered budget cuts, I get that. I just learned about a new organization called the 7 Ribbons Project that will be assisting with the Arkansas Breast Care program as well as many other fine and worthwhile causes. Yay!

The 7 Ribbons Project is currently accepting donations to help the people of Haiti recover from a devastating earthquake that just happened. My heart goes out to those people. The 7 Ribbons Project is a new organization but they are doing great work already.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment