Sunday, August 8, 2010

Patience is a Virtue.... right?

Well, hello there to those of you out there who may or may not be paying attention here...

So the summer pretty much came and went. It has been a flurry of activity around here since my last post, and now we're just ten days from the first day of school again. Ugh!

Maddie indeed did learn how to swim and has enjoyed proving it to anyone who is willing to watch. Watching her learn to swim has been pure and simple joy. Seeing her beaming face pop up out of the water with her wide happy smile and matching smiling sparkling blue eyes is something every parent wants to see as their child accomplishes something big; something like learning to ride a bike, climb a tree, or learning to swim. It just so damn awesome...

As time allows, I have been busy with work ~ working as professional graphic designer and also selling my own artwork at a variety of art and craft shows. I have another show coming up soon, over Labor Day weekend. No rest for the weary! I plan on taking lil' Maddie with me to the show, she is at that wonderful age--the age when she is much more independant but not yet a moody rebellous teen--the great age of childhood that I plan to relish every single moment.

Meanwhile, life seems to be moving forward and yet in some areas seem to be stagnating. We are wanting to move but haven't figured out a way to manifest that goal. My hubby's job situation has been very stressful and he would like a change, but for reasons I'm not ready to disclose just yet, it is virtually impossible to make such a change at this time.

I know I keep hinting at some big mystery, and I'm sorry, but I have my reasons. The day will come, and fairly soon, when the proverbial cat will be let out of the bag. I am waiting until the moment when I make the announcement about when my book is going to print and when it will be published. We have tentatively set a date for publishing, and the printer needs to have the book in hand a good four months in advance, and that deadline is looming fast.

In fact, it is my goal to have the book wrapped up and off to the printer before the end of the month, so please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment